MIDDLE SCHOOL WEEKLY ANNOUNCEMENTS
December 13, 2017
Dec. 13 – 100% Club applications due today!
Dec. 14-20 – Spirit Week (more info below)
Dec. 15 – Attendance appeals deadline (This is for any student who has been absent 10 or more days this semester)
Dec. 18 – 100% club parent permission slips with $13 due today
Dec. 19 – 100% club trip
Dec. 20 – Dismiss @ 1:00 (last day of 1st semester)
Dec. 21 – Homecoming
Dec. 21 – Jan. 3 Christmas break
Jan. 3 – Faculty/Staff in-service day (no school for students)
Jan. 4 – classes resume – 2nd semester begins
Jan. 5 – grade cards to students 5th hour
PINK OUT T-SHIRTS – order forms are in the office.
Pink out shirts are for the Mansfield/Hartville girls basketball game on Jan. 11th at Hartville.
- Make checks payable to: HARTVILLE EAGLES BASKETBALL
- Price is $12 for youth small through adult XL and $14 for sizes XXL – XXXXL
- Turn in order form with payment by Dec. 20th
- Proceeds from shirt sales will be donated to Breast Cancer Foundation of the Ozarks
CONGRATS TO MANSFIELD SCHOOLS!!! for achieving a perfect score on the 2017 APR (Annual Performance Report)! Mansfield Schools received a 100% score, by obtaining all 140 points possible (one of nine K-12 schools in the state to achieve this score . . . out of 520+ schools)!!! The APR measures academic achievement, college & career readiness, graduation rate, and attendance.
Thursday, 12/14 ham, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans, roll, ice cream, fruit, milk
Friday, 12/15 hot dog, baked beans, baby carrots, graham crackers, fruit, milk
Monday, 12/18 chili or beef stew, Bosco stick, crackers, carrot sticks, fruit, milk
Tuesday, 12/19 corn dog, baked beans, corn, fruit, milk
Wed., 12/20 chicken patty on bun, French fries, cucumber slices, fruit, milk
Thursday, 12/21 NO SCHOOL
Friday, 12/22 NO SCHOOL
100% CLUB TRIP – MOVIE: Star Wars, the Last Jedi & BOWLING @ Fun City in Mtn. Grove
Cost of this trip is $13 for movie, popcorn, soda & bowling. You will need to bring money for lunch. One bus will go to McDonald’s, and one bus to Burger King for lunch.
- Get 100% club application form in the office MONDAY, DEC. 11TH!!!
- Get teachers’ signatures and turn these back in to the office by Dec. 13th (subs cannot sign these, so get signatures by Dec. 13!!!)
- You will then get parent permission form
- Bring your signed parent permission slip & $13 to office by Monday, Dec. 18th – NO LATER!
- Remember, part of being a 100% club member is keeping track of your forms and not asking teachers to sign them again, and again. . . you get the idea!
- Have a great time . . . and may the force be with you!
MS FCCLA meeting Thursday, Dec. 14th before school- talk about Christmas celebration!
SPIRIT DAYS (Starts Thursday, December 14)
- Thursday: Snowed in Thursday – Sweats Day! You’re welcome.
- Friday: Flannel Friday – Flannel! Lots and lots of flannel…
- Monday: Merry Monday – Your BEST holiday attire! Bells, velvet, elf shoes…
- Tuesday: Decades Day – Pick a decade and dress according! Love the 80s? Rock on! Love the 2000s? Sweet! Love the 1800s? Well, okay . . .
- Wednesday: Class Color Clash: Get DECKED OUT in that color! – 6th- Orange / 7th- Pink / 8th- Blue
- Thursday Night @ Homecoming Game: MAROON, GOLD, and BLACK!
ABSENTEE POLICY REMINDER
Students, when you have been absent from school, you must:
- Come to the office to get absentee slip BEFORE going to first hour class.
- Bring note from doctor, dentist, or parent with reason for absence (or parent may call office the day you are absent to give reason).
TUTORING SCHEDULE – 3:40 p.m. – 4:40 p.m. (Each teacher has a tutoring sign-up posted in class for students)
Mrs. Gray Wed. and as posted in class
Mrs. Reed Mon. and Thurs. or by appointment
Mrs. Walker Tues. or by appointment
Mrs. Garrison Thurs. or by appointment
COLLECTING POP TABS!
Bring your pop tabs to the MS office or Mrs. Walker’s room for Ronald McDonald House! Collect them from friends & family! We have collected 37.5 lbs. this year!
- Library fines are 5cents/day per overdue item. Save $$ and turn your books in on time!
- Library is closed while Ms. Sanders teaches a middle school class 11:27 – 12:17.
- Library is closed for lunch from 12:20 – 12:45.
SCHOOL SUPPLY STORE IN MS OFFICE
spiral notebooks – $.50
mechanical pencils – $.50
#2 mood pencils or colorful pencils – $.50
#2 pencils – $.25
SCHOOL ACCIDENT INSURANCE INFO:
To purchase school accident insurance contact Markel Insurance Company by calling 877-444-5014 or online @ http://markel.sevencorners.com.